Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Malaysia and Singapore Trip

Last month my mom, brother and I went on a trip to our neighboring country- Malaysia and Singapore!

It wasn't actually my first to got there. I went to both countries last year (November) with my friends on the other hand though. We went there mainly just for a good vacation and enjoyment.
with my friends last year!
But this time was different. We went there for a purpose. We will be attending my cousins wedding in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. But since JB was nearer in Singapore, we had to make an entry at Changi airport then make our way to JB. We arrived 3 days earlier for her wedding so we decided to make an overnight stay at Singapore first just for my family to experience a little bit of what that country was like.

February 23: First day in SG. arrive around 10 in the morning. Stayed at Hotel 81-Bencoolen. Have to wait for 12-1 pm so we can check in. While waiting we left our luggage at the hotel and went to look for a money changer and eat breakfast. We dined in at Mcdo lol since we have no idea were to go. Then we slept for a few hours then went to orchard for some sight seeing lol.



February 24: 2nd day. Went back to Orchard for some extended shopping. 








 So basically what we ended up doing there was S-H-O-P!!!! We only had a day to roam around so we have no time to go to Universal studio and visit the Merlion :(

My mom really love this country. It was clean and very discipline. While I love Orchard. Well pretty much because it's the shopping district lol! The only thing I hate about our trip was that there were so many WALKING! dang! my feet hurts like crazzzzy!

My cousins parents will be arriving the next day (Feb.24) so changi airport was our meeting place. My cousin's husband (Adam) and his friend drove all the way from JB just to picked us up then back to Johor bahru.

We arrived around 7-ish in the evening in JB. We stopped by at this chinese restaurant for dinner plus we will meet our cousin there. At first I was very hesitant and kind of worried because honestly I do not like Malay food. I am not a fun of curry nor strong spices. Good thing it was all chinese cuisine. Me liked!
Then after dinner we went straight to their pad so that we can relax because all of us were all tired and sleepy. And we had to wake up early because we will be going to Adam's hometown the next day.




their cozy place.


some filipino products!
February 25: 3rd day:  Went to Adam's hometown where the big event took place. Plus meet and greet with his family.
me with the bride.


Adam's parents with my family!
February 26: 4th day. The big day!








After the wedding we went back to their place because we will be going back to Singapore the next day. But Adam invited me to go with him and my cousin so he can show me his town even though it was already late in the evening. They let me see Dangga bay which was I think was a docking place for yacht but so many restaurants to dine in. It was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment